scanCandy is an engaging mobile application for museums providing visitors with a unique multimedia experience that:
- Provides a user-controlled "digital docent" that adds context to challenging works of art.
- Raises the level of connections between the artist, historical context and the public.
- Adds a social media component for sharing and communication between the museum and the user.
- Allows visitors (with minimal signage) to create their own user-defined tours of their personal art selections and share them with others on a variety of social media platforms.
- Allows visitors a platform in which they can keep their art selections for future review - like an art postcard or memento.
- Provides important analytics for the museum to better tailor their exhibits to their audience.
- Requires no additional hardware other than the user's own mobile phone.
- Can be used museum-wide, indoor and outdoor.
scanCandy allows the museum to better engage and communicate with visitors to enrich the overall experience.